Partnering with the Community Food Bank of NJ for another Successful Farmer's Market
February 17, 2017: Plainfield, NJ - A BIG thank you to all of our colleagues and their families who volunteered at the Community Food Bank of NJ Farmer’s Market at Freedom Ministries in Plainfield. They were working! Proudly serving
us as Petro Home Services Community Service Ambassadors. Kindly greeting each guest.
It doesn’t matter - snow, sleet, rain or sun our employees are always there. They braved the cold weather, rolled up their jacket sleeves, hand warmers in gloves, foot warmers in shoes (for some), smiles on faces and worked!! Volunteers set up tables,
tents, banners, organized and distributed the produce at lightning speed, plus clean up and breakdown of boxes (we treat their home like our home - we leave it better than we found it).
Thousands of pounds of produce was distributed including:
- Honey Dew melons
We are immensely grateful for all of our colleague’s hard work, and a huge shoutout to all of the children that came with their parents to help.
Top 5 reasons to volunteer:
- Make an impact – it’s easy to get inspired with a cause you truly care about—and it’s rewarding to see your direct impact.
- Strengthen communities - A strong community with a high quality of life means safer, healthier lives for those around you.
- Meet others - You can create lasting friendships with those you may not have otherwise met in your day-to-day grind.
- Improve your health - Yes! Volunteering is actually good for you. Studies have shown that volunteering makes people feel physically healthier, manage chronic health conditions and lower stress!
- Because it just feels good - Thought it was worth a mention! Volunteering isn’t one of the most plush, easy, or glamorous of jobs, but it is one of the most beneficial and uplifting. While no monetary compensation is received,
many will tell you that their work and experiences gained as a volunteer were worth way more than any money they could have gotten